Monday, December 22, 2008

Maddy's visit with Santa

A couple of weeks ago, Maddy got to meet Santa for the first time. Our HOA in our neighborhood had a Santa at one of our parks and my mom & I took her to meet him. He was a great Santa--the beard was even real! She surprisingly didn't seem to be scared of him--she was just real serious and even smiled in two of the pictures! Can't ask for anything better than that. We had Maddy's one year check-up at the doctor last week and she was 17 lb 10 oz and 28 3/4 inches. We are having to increase her fat & food intake to put some weight on her--doctor is concerned about how little weight she has gained (I swear if only she could switch places with me and give me that problem and I could give her my ability to gain weight!). She definitely has an appetite, I just think she is so active that she burns right through all the calories she eats. Doctor has ordered she gets to eat ice cream after meals (really mean huh?) and she gets to eat cheese & fatty foods. She is doing great and eating up a storm so hopefully she starts to pack on the weight. Her height is about 50-60 percentile so she is definitely growing, just a little petite thing. I need to see if I can find the pics from her birthday--I think we mostly took video of her eating her cake. I'll try and figure out how to upload a video of it onto here for you all to see.


























2 comments:

Kara & Andy said...

add us to your fav's
www.dederickfamily.blogspot.com
hugs
kara
Maddy is so DARN CUTE!

Carrie Morton said...

I can't belive how big she is getting! Hope you guys had a great Christmas! Josh, Carrie and Ella Morton